Slip & Fall Attorney in Houston, TX
When a property owner or property manager does not regularly inspect and maintain their location, customers get hurt.
Property owners have an obligation to maintain their property in a condition that’s reasonably safe for visitors and guests. They have an obligation to regularly inspect their space, their building, their store, or their land to make sure that nothing is dangerous that will cause harm to someone. If they know of, or if they should have known of, a dangerous condition, the owner or the person in control of the property has a duty to make it safe. If they cannot make it safe, they have a duty to warn the public of the presence of the danger. All too often, this does not occur and injuries result.
What to do if you are injured on someone else’s property
- Step 1. Get Help. Call 911 and wait for EMS or the authorities to arrive.
- Step 2. Take Pictures of the Area. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and its true. If you can, take pictures of the dangerous condition that caused your injury. For example, if you fell because a handrail came loose, take pictures of the hand rail. If you fell because of a slippery substance on the floor, take pictures of the slick area and the area around it. If you are too injured to take pictures yourself, ask a friend, a family member, or a witness to take pictures for you.
- Step 3. Gather Witness Information. Write down the names, addresses and phone numbers of the other people who were present when the accident occurred. Get them to text their contact information to your phone. What they saw, and their version of events, will help you if you choose to pursue a claim.
- Step 4. Seek Medical Help. After you get initial medical treatment, make sure you follow up with your regular treating doctor. Ensure that you visit the doctor and follow their treatment suggestions. You don’t want the building owner or property manager to claim you were not really hurt.
- Step 5. Call Us For Help. We will review your claim for free and advise you on how to get the help you need.