Contact us

Contact us by phone at: 713-931-1111 or (toll free) 844-931-3111.

You can also send an email to or fill in the form below.

All fields are required.

Check out our privacy policy page to learn how this data is used.

The other person involved in the accident says they do not have insurance. What do I do?

While there are many reasons people and businesses do not carry the insurance they need, these reasons don’t matter if you have gotten into an accident with someone who does not have coverage. What matters is knowing how to be compensated for your injuries.
If you get into an accident with an uninsured person, you may want to check to see if you have uninsured motorist coverage to compensate you for your injuries. If you do not have uninsured motorist coverage, it is likely that suing the other person is your best means to recover for your injuries.

We advise our clients to obtain as much information about the driver and the accident as possible as soon as you can. This includes:

  • Taking pictures of the accident scene. This could include pictures of the location of the accident, debris surrounding the accident, the condition of the car, motorcycle, vehicle, oilfield equipment, or other items involved in the accident. If you were in a vehicle accident, try to take pictures of the other person’s car and license plates if you can.
  • Write down any information you can about what happened. The sooner you do this the fresher your memory will be. This can include when the accident happened, what you were doing at the time, and any other information that may be relevant.
  • Keep an eye out for people who may have witnessed the accident. Witnesses can be excellent evidence of what occurred if you decide to pursue your claims.
  • If you have been involved in an automotive accident, call the police. Involving the police is one of the best things you can do to protect yourself and your claims regardless of whether the other party has insurance.